Photos

Fairfield Air Depot
Aerial view of the Air Corps Carnival at Fairfield Air Depot, 1930. Thousands of spectators attended the airshow and carnival on the Fairfield Air Depot Reservation flightline. In the foreground a “modern” steel hangar (now Building 145 in Area A, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base) carries the inscription “Fairfield Air Depot U.S. Army.” FAD Headquarters (Building 1) can be seen at the top center.

Download Image: Full Size (1.34 MB)
Tags: history
Photo by:  |  VIRIN: 210720-F-ZS999-002.JPG