WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Ohio --
Better problem solving, stronger teamwork, trust and top performance are just some of the benefits of a high level of transparency in the workplace. Transparency is the AFMC Connect topic focus for February.
Transparency in both words and actions is paramount to the success of today’s leader and each member of a team in a successful workplace. Openness and honesty underlie the ability to trust, and individuals who demonstrate a match between what they say and do, as communicated in a genuine forum, garner greater support and success, regardless of the endeavor.
Leaders can encourage transparency in the workplace by:
- Communicating in person or by video versus email or other digital means
- Openly sharing successes and challenges, thereby demonstrating authenticity and vulnerability
- Viewing mistakes as learning opportunities and a chance to grow
- Empathizing without judgement
- Encouraging teamwork and the contributions of all
To view the AFMC Connect discussion sheet on transparency along with learning recommendations, visit https://www.afmc.af.mil/Portals/13/Feb%2023%20Transparency%20%28ao%2014%20Dec%2023%29%20ADA.pdf.
Information on the AFMC Connect program is available at https://www.afmc.af.mil/Resiliency/Connect/.