Mr. Dan Osburn is the Senior Technical Director, 412th Test Wing, Edwards Air Force Base, California. He executes technical oversight of the wing’s 7,200 personnel in the developmental test and evaluation of B-21, KC-46, F-35, F-22, F-16, B-1, B-2, B-52, C-17, C-130, KC-135, Global Hawk, joint remotely piloted aircraft and emerging technologies. Additionally, Mr. Osburn is responsible for establishing and maintaining policy for systems engineering, workforce management, and T&E processes.
Mr. Osburn has 11 years in industry aircraft design at Northrop Grumman and Lockheed Martin Skunk Works on B-2, F-18E/F, X-35 Concept Demonstration Aircraft, and other Special Projects before joining the Air Force Civilian work force in May 2000.
He served in many engineering capacities as C-17 Chief Systems Engineer, Electronic Warfare Flight Chief, F35 Chief Engineer 461st Integrated Test Force (ITF), Deputy Director F35 461st ITF, and 773rd Test Squadron Director of the 412th Test Engineering Group.
Prior to his current assignment, Mr. Osburn served as the 412th Test Engineering Group Director responsible for an annual $140M budget with 980 combined military, civilian, and support contractor personnel for the research, development, test and evaluation of airframe, propulsion, and avionics systems. Additionally, he was in charge of test aircraft instrumentation development, operations and maintenance and the Edwards AFB range.
- 1989 Bachelors of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Cal State Fullerton
- 2006 Masters of Business Administration, Webster University, St Louis, Illinois
- 1989 – 1993, B-2 Division, Pico Rivera, CA
- 1993 – 1994, F18-E/F, EL Segundo, CA
- 1994 – 1996, B-2 Division, Palmdale, CA
- 1996 – 1999, Lockheed Martin Skunk Works, Palmdale, CA
- 1999 – 2000, Private Company, Mojave, CA
- 2000 – 2009, C-17 Chief Systems Engineer 418th FLTS, Edwards AFB, CA
- 2009 – 2011, Electronic Warfare Flight Chief 771 TS, Edwards AFB, CA
- 2011 – 2015, F35 Chief Engineer 461st ITF, Edwards AFB, CA
- 2015 – 2017, F35 Deputy Director 461st ITF, Edwards AFB, CA
- 2017 – 2017, Director 773 Test Squadron, Flight Systems Integration, Edwards AFB, CA
- 2017 – 2019, Director 412th Test Engineering Group, 412th Test Wing, Edwards AFB, CA
- 2019 Meritorious Civilian Service Medal
- 2017 SECDEF OSD Exceptional Civilian Service Medal
- 2014 AFMC Test and Evaluation Civilian of the Year
- 2002 412th TW Tester of Distinction
- 1993 Engineering Merit Award, San Fernando Valley Society of Engineers