Click here for: Updated Mask Guidance for all DoD Installations and Other Facilities
ICD018 – Upgrade to HPCON B
This Installation Command Directive (ICD) upgrades Edwards Air Force Base and Plant 42 to HPCON B effective 2100 Pacific Time on 13 August 2021. This ICD applies to all personnel on Edwards AFB and AF Plant 42. The Edwards AFB & AF Plant 42 Counter-COVID Comprehensive Directive is still in effect.
As the base transitions to HPCON B, the following measures are effective:
SPACE: Physical separation is required for all persons in all locations. Techniques which prevent loss of all mission capability in the event of an outbreak are recommended.
MASK: No change to previous policy issued via ICD017 REV1.
AIR: Limit gatherings as much as possible to outdoor or outdoor-like venues to maximize airflow.
RESTRICT: Facility owners are directed to institute appropriate HPCON B capacity limits in consultation with Public Health.
TIME: Minimize in-person contact time, including outdoors.
SHOTS: Active Duty members without COVID-19 vaccination can expect a maximum vaccination campaign immediately after it is mandatory IAW Ref (b).
- 100% ID check of all personnel entering the installation (termination of Trusted Traveler program)
- Visitors will require a Non Mission Essential Visitors Letter (Ref (e)) signed by unit’s CC, CL, CCF, or equivalent. In the event of an emergency, the CC, CL, CCF, or equivalent can call the Visitor Control Center at 661-277-0611 (during duty hours 0700-1530 Monday-Friday) or the Base Defense Operations Center at 661-227-3343 to authorize visitors
- Delivery Drivers will be considered Mission Essential, allowed access in accordance with Installation Defense Plan, and do not require an escort.
- Medical appointments for retirees on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday will be relayed to the Visitor Control Center from the 412th Medical Group. Retirees who have medical appointments will be granted access based on the schedule provided by the 412th Medical Group.
- Any Entry Access List/Visitor Access Lists requests should be emailed to the VCC org box: 412SFS.S5.VCC@us.af.mil no later than 96 hours prior to ensure on time processing.
POC: Lt Col Michelle Wueste, Public Health Emergency Officer
Latest DoD Coronovirus Guidance
DoD Spotlight on Coronavirus
Centers for Disease Control
DoD Stop Movement Memo
Air Force Information
DOD Travel Restrictions FAQ
State Department Travel Advisories
CDC Traveler Information
DHA COVID-19 Resource Page
AFMC COVID page
CDC COVID Data Tracker