|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT CHRISTOPHER S. MCCOLLOR|
Chief Master Sergeant Christopher S. McCollor is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 412th Test Wing, Edwards Air Force Base, California. He is the principle advisor to the commander on matters concerning morale, welfare, discipline, training, fitness and effective utilization of the wing's 3,600 military and civilian personnel. Chief McCollor represents the senior enlisted corps with motivational speaking engagements and professional development forums with First Term Airman Center, Airman Leadership School and AMN/NCO Professional Development seminars.
Chief McCollor grew up in Farmingdale, Maine and entered the Air Force in June 1984. He is a career Personnelist whose assignments include bases in California, Louisiana, Mississippi, Ohio and Florida. The Chief also served overseas in the United Kingdom and has deployed to Kuwait, the United Kingdom and Diego Garcia. Before assuming his current position in July 2010, he served as Superintendent of the 96th Mission Support Group, Eglin Air Force Base, Floa.
1981 Associate in Business Science degree in Business Administration, Husson College, Bangor, Maine
1986 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory School, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
1988 Associate in Business Science degree in Resource Management Technology, Community College of the Air Force
1988 Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School, March AFB, Calif.
1992 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2001 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Senior Leader Course, Center for Creative Leadership, San Diego, Calif.
2006 Chief's Leadership Course (Mentor), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course
1. September 1984 - July 1992, various positions within the Consolidated Base Personnel
Office (CBPO) to include: Outbound Assignments Clerk; Classification and Training
Specialist; NCOIC, Customer Service and NCOIC, Evaluations, 4392nd Aerospace
Support Squadron, 4392nd Aerospace Support Wing, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif.
2. August 1992 - August 1995, NCOIC, Promotions, Evaluations and Special Actions,
710th Mission Support Squadron, 710th Air Base Wing, Royal Air Force Base Alconbury, United Kingdom
3. September 1995 - August 2000, Chief, Customer Service; Superintendent, Career Enhancement and Superintendent, Relocations and Employment, 2nd Mission Support Squadron, 2nd Bomb Wing, Barksdale Air Force Base, La.
4. August 2000 - May 2004, Military Personnel Flight Superintendent, 14th Mission Support Squadron, 14th Flying Training Wing, Columbus AFB, Miss.
5. May 2004 - June 2006, Chief, Airmen Assignments Division, HQ Air Force Material Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
6. June 2006 - June 2010, 96th Mission Support Group Superintendent, 96th Base Wing, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.
*7. June 2009 - November 2009, 586th Air Expeditionary Group Superintendent, Ali Al Salem AB, Kuwait (Joint Expeditionary Tasking)
8. July 2010 - Present, Command Chief, 412th Test Wing, Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor, one silver and three oak leaf clusters
1984 Honor graduate, Personnel Craftsman course, Keesler Air Force Base, Mississippi
1988 Distinguished Graduate, NCO Leadership School, March Air Force Base, California
1991 Stripes for Exceptional Performers (STEP) promotion to Technical Sergeant
1992 Distinguished Graduate, Military Excellence and Speech Award winner, NCO
Academy, Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico
2003 Air Education and Training Command Lance P. Sijan Award nominee
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Master Sergeant - September 1997
Senior Master Sergeant - March 2001
Chief Master Sergeant - September 2004
(Current as of July 10)